30 June 2009

Kaiane Aldorino Wins Miss Gibraltar 2009

Twenty-two year old Kaiane Aldorino was crowned Miss Gibraltar 2009 in a pageant that attracted 16 lovely ladies last Saturday, 27 June 2009, at the Alameda Open Air Theatre. She will represent her country at the Miss World 2009 pageants to be held in December in London and Johannesburg, South Africa.

The newly crowned beauty queen is a Human Resources Clerk by profession. She was crowned by Miss Gibraltar 2008, Krystle Robba.

First Princess or equivalent to First Runner-Up was Maxine dela Rosa. Second Princess went to Jordana Lavagna.

Says Kaiane, "I love the opportunity to be Miss Gibraltar and I am honoured to represent Gibraltar. I can’t believe it’s true but I am very happy. I just have no words. I am speechless."


Tyrene Navarro won the Gibraltar Chronicle Cup for best interview and she also won the cup for Miss Photogenic.

Miss Friendship voted for by all the contestants was won by contestant Elka Hanglin who followed in her sisters footsteps who also won this title in 1995.

The award of Miss Catwalk went to contestant Jair Azzopardi.

No comments:

Post a Comment