15 July 2009

"Miss Earth Tots Botswana 2008 buried after mysterious death", a headline says


Miss Botswana Earth 2008 died in a mysterious illness.

That's what I thought when I first read the headline of a breaking news from a website in Botswana.

The title says, "Miss Earth Tots Botswana 2008 buried after mysterious death"

Then I continued reading the lead or the first paragraph.

"Eleven-year-old Katlo One Lore, who was crowned Ms. Earth Botswana in 2008, was buried last week Saturday, 27th June, 2008 at her home place, Kanye, following a mysterious illness."

I started to doubt the authenticity of the write up written by Gowenius Toka when I read the girl was only 11 years old. How can she be so young to compete at Miss Earth 2008?

Then I realized there was a serious error in the reporting when I verified that Botswana was represented at the 2008 Miss Earth in Manila by a 19 year-old named Nametso Ngwako.

I hope you weren't fooled too just what exactly happened to me.

*****The first picture is the real Miss Botswana Earth 2008 Nametso Ngwako. The second picture is the girl, Katlo One Lore, who died with a mysterious illness.

SOURCE: http://sundaystandard.info/news/news_item.php?NewsID=5295&GroupID=1

1 comment: