01 July 2009

Dayana Mendoza Reveals Her Last Trip as Miss Universe 2008

 

Current Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza of Venezuela blogged her last trip abroad as Miss Universe 2009. It was in Romania.

Dayana went to Romania last week to crown the winner of Miss Romania 2009 which was won by Elena Bianca Constantin. She was also one of the judges.

In her blog at the official site of Miss Universe Organization, Dayana said, "Sadly, I had my last International trip as Miss Universe to Romania this week, and it couldn't have been better. It was the perfect place to close out this opportunity of a life-time. I was so excited about the language because I understood some of the things people were saying. Romanian has the same Latin roots and I figure it would be easy to learn but I had no idea how easy it was to understand! We went to the Miss Universe Romania pageant and I got to be a judge. I can totally say I was very impressed with the show, the music was amazing, the girls were all beautiful and they all did a great job. I visited different TV shows and in one of them I got to wear one of the typical dresses of the country and dance to the typical music, it was a lot of fun. I felt almost like a Romanian! I’m very happy with the opportunity I had to go to such an interesting country, and if I cross my fingers very, very tight, I might come back very soon :)!!!!"

Here's a Youtube video of Dayana wearing the Romanian traditional costume.

1 comment:

  1. I just can believe I was not aware of this. Can you believe it? Dayana Mendoza (reigning Miss Universe titleholder) was in Dubai last May 21. WTF? How could I miss that?

    Finsofts Website
    Breaking News

    ReplyDelete