11 August 2009

Does Ines Ligron honestly think Emiri Miyasaka won't win the Miss Universe crown?


I am copying Ines Ligron's blog on her updates of the ongoing Miss Universe 2009 in the Bahamas. While I was reading the article, a theory was formulated in my mind. It looks like Ines is now considering defeat and she thinks probably that Emiri  Miyasaka won't win the crown. Well this is only my opinion but read this line from her blog.
...and now to open my mind to you with honesty… Emiri said: “Ines, I want you to know that it will be very difficult for me to win this year, there are so many amazing women here but I am doing my best and enjoying every moment as I am deeply proud to be wearing the Japan sash.”.

It seems that Ines is trying to condition the mind of her readers who must have believed her in the past days when she was saying Emiri was the girl to beat. Now, Ines is surely singing a different tune.

Ines also added that among all the contestants from Asia, she still has to meet Misses Philippines and Guam yet because the security is so tight. The contestants are not allowed to meet many of the gilrs.

Here is the full entry (unedited)from her blog:

UPDATES FROM INES LIGRON:

EMIRI AT THE SWIMSUIT FASHION SHOW YESTERDAY. Stunning!

And at the reception gala dinner wearing my favorite Versace gown of this season, with a Loewe clutch bag. people at the dinner commented that she was one of the biggest standouts of the evening. Emiri told me today, when I woke her up at 7:30 am before her breakfast time, that she is spending time right now mostly with Miss France, also Miss Switzerland, Bahamas and Miss Hungary. She says that she is the funniest girl and a good person. BUT she says that the security is very tight and that they don’t get to meet many of the delegates. Emiri is on the 10th floor and half of the girls are on the 9th and half on the 10th also Emiri hasn’t had a chance to spend time with some delegates and get to meet them. I asked her if she met all the Asian delegates but she said she has not yet met Miss Philippines and Miss Guam.

She said that many of the girls are on a very tight schedule and have no time for talking pictures because they are asked to run from place to place. Emiri says that she handles her extremely full schedule with excitement that she is having a great time, her room is huge and with ocean view and she said that she is very lucky to have the best roomate as she is always in a good mood and so genuine and with a big heart.

She said that during the fashion show yesterday, none of the girls could see the others on stage as it was very fast moving and the 84 girls were on stage without cameras backstage for the others to see it. That everyone comments among the crew that this year has the most beautiful delegates ever.and now to open my mind to you with honesty… Emiri said: “Ines, I want you to know that it will be very difficult for me to win this year, there are so many amazing women here but I am doing my best and enjoying every moment as I am deeply proud to be wearing the Japan sash.”.

I told Emiri, it does not matter if she wins, what matters is that she is doing her best and that I know well that this is exactly what she is doing right now. What is important is that Japanese women can be represented at a prestigious and world famous competition like Miss Universe being in the spotlight. In the past Japanese women moved away from the spotlight and lost confidence in their power, they tended to think that western beauty was superior to theirs. When I arrived in Japan, advertising campaigns were always featuring a caucasian woman and Japanese talent were paid half the fee compared to white women. I felt that this was wrong. Japanese women after the previous success have gained confidence and now they know that they are considered uniquely beautiful in the eyes of the world and that is what matters to me from now on, because it is the reason I have being doing this job for the past 12 years. I told Emiri to keep her beautiful energy and the sweetness that make her who she is, this is the best way for her to reflect who Japanese women are.

As I write, Emiri is getting ready to go for the pre-taping of the National Costume segment for the live telecast. We spoke about her costume and the way that she will wear it at the end. I will give more detailks when the pictures appear on the Miss Universe website.

Much love and wishing the best of luck to any delegates reading my blog. Emiri told me that many of them commented they are reading it in the lounge on their floor with computers at their disposal. I know I am the only Director having a blog and I feel the responsibility of what I write, also I am asked several times in the comments on my blog to give my opinion about certain delegates but I believe the reason each girl is wearing a sash at Miss Universe right now is because she is unique. Also do not try to copy or compare yourself to any other person, because each human being has a unique soul and beauty comes from the inside (oops, and how much you worked at the gym… LOL!).

27 comments: