22 April 2009

US beauty contest turns ugly in gay row

A US beauty contest has turned ugly after a losing candidate accused judges of denying her victory because of her views on gay marriage.

When Miss California Carrie Prejean was asked a question on the subject she told TV viewers she believed that “a marriage should be between a man and a woman”.

The Miss USA runner-up now claims her comments cost her first place in the competition.

“It did cost me my crown,” said Ms Prejean.

The eventual winner was Kristen Dalton, Miss North Carolina.

Speaking after the televised show, Ms Prejean said: “I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do.”
Miss USA contestant Corrie Prejean says judges denied her the crown because she stated she doesn't believe in gay marriage.

Get free website for your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment