1. Four countries have won the Miss Universe and Miss World titles in the same year - France in 1953 (Christiane Martel & Denise Perrier), Australia in 1972 (Kerry Anne Wells & Belinda Green), Venezuela in 1981 (Irene Saez & Pilin Leon), and India in 1994 (Sushmita Sen & Aishwarya Rai) and in 2000 (Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra)
4. In the early 90's, Miss World attempted to have a Miss North Korea. But nothing came of it.
5. Miss International 1979, Mimilanie Marquez of the Philippines, was second runner-up in the Super Model of the World Contest. According to some reports, she was asked to represent the USA instead of the Philippines. The Ford modelling agency insisted that she will have a better chance of winning if she represented the USA but she proudly declined and represented her native Philippines instead, and ended up as a runner-up.
6. In 1973, in a unique twist between United States and the Philippines, United States was first runner-up to Philippines in the Miss Universe Pageant. Philippines was first runner-up to the United States in the Miss World Pageant that very same year.
7. Misses Macau 1989, 1993, 1995 & 1996 are sisters. They are of Pedruco's family, a famous family in Macau. They all represented Macau in Miss World Contest in those years, but none of them made it to the semi-finals.
8. Miss Universe Puerto Rico 1998, Joyce Giraud was crowned by Ana Rosa Brito, Miss Universe Puerto Rico 1997 twice. First, in Miss World Puerto Rico 1994, and second in Miss Universe Puerto Rico 1998.
9. In Miss Universe 1954, there were 6 Latin delegates in the semi-final competition. The highest amount of Latin delegates who entered the semi-finals.
10. Korea's representative to Miss Universe 1991, Suh Jung Min doesn't enjoy being a former Miss Korea. They found out in 1993 that she bribed the judges to win the title.