08 July 2009

Kim Joo Ri Wins Miss Korea 2009


Majority of the pageant lovers around the world are happy with the crowning of Kim Joo Ri as Miss Korea 2009. Most are saying Korea did not mess it up this time. Korea selected the right girl for the Miss Universe 2010 pageant.

Twenty-one year-old Kim Joo Ri represented the capital Seoul at the Miss Korea 2009 pageant. She won the title last Wednesday. Miss Korea 2008 Na Re happily crowned her.

``I am so happy and I thank everybody who has been cheering for me. I'm happy, but I believe this means I will have to try harder to uphold the Miss Korea spirit. I promise I will do my best,'' Kim said.

A graduate from the Bolshoi Ballet School, Kim enjoys various sports including horseback riding, swimming and golf as well jazz dancing. Fluent in English and Russian, she dreams of becoming a ballerina or a diplomat.

 
 

The two first runner-ups were Cha Ye-lin (22, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies) and Seo Eun-mi (21, Yeongnam University). There were four second runner-ups ― Park Ye-ju (22, Parsons School of Design) also crowned as Miss Korea-Natural F&P; Choi Ji-hee (22, Dongduk Women's University) also crowned as Miss Korea-Hankook Ilbo; You Su-jung (21, Mokwon University) and Lee Seul-gi (21, Dongduk Women's University).

There were 56 candidates from the country and some overseas Korean communities who participated in the pageant.

Former Miss Korea Sohn Tae-young and VJ Lee Ki-sang hosted the 53rd Miss Korea Pageant.

The new Miss Koreas will represent Korea at Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss World, Miss Earth and Miss International pageants.

No comments:

Post a Comment