25 March 2009

Winning beauty contest not a cakewalk, says Miss Tourism International

She has been recently crowned Miss Tourism International and is looking forward to a career in Bollywood. But it has been a tough journey for Manasvi Mamgai who worked 16 hours a day to get where she has.”People believe that modelling is fun and does not require any hard work, but the fact is that I had to go through a tough and hectic regime. I used to be on my toes from 7 in the morning till 11 p.m.,” said Manasvi.

“When I used to come back to my room, my whole body used to ache because of grooming, fitness sessions. At the end of the day all I wanted was to crash on the bed,” she added.

The 21-year-old won the Miss Tourism International title in Malaysia Dec 31, 2008, after beating 42 contestants from all around the globe.

“Winning this pageant is such a wonderful feeling. It is a matter of great pride for me to promote my country on a global platform. But it is too early to talk how it will benefit my career,” she explained.

Manasvi says the decision to send her to the event was taken by Elite model management at the last moment.

“At the last moment I was told that I would be representing India, I was excited as well as nervous because this was a big responsibility. I am glad that I made everyone proud,” Manasvi said.

She had to undergo 15 days of rigorous fitness training. She also had to attend beauty sessions and diction classes and, according to her, these classes have helped her a lot in her modelling endeavours.

Like other models Manasvi too wants to be a part of Bollywood, but right now she wants to focus on modelling assignments.

“As a kid, I always wanted to be an actress and I will eventually, but right now I have set my priorities right and presently I want to focus on my modelling career,” she said.

Manasvi feels there is no short cut to success.

“I am an easy going person. If I am good, I will definitely catch the attention and if I am not, then no matter what I do, I will never get good assignments. I enjoy doing my work with sincerity and put in my best efforts and I am sure I will succeed,” she added.

Manasvi has walked the ramp for designers like Rohit Bal, Ravi Bajaj, Manish Malhotra and Manish Arora. She was also the face for the fairness cream Fair and Lovely last year.
Get free website for your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment