10 August 2009

Miss Indonesia Meets Miss Netherlands


Finally, I saw a picture of the two ladies competing at Miss Universe 2009 who share the same heritage - Misses Netherlands and Indonesia.

Miss Netherlands Avalon-Chanel Weyzig is half-Indonesian courtesy of her mother. Miss Indonesia Zivanna Letisha Siregar was so happy when she met her. This is what Avalon have posted in her tweeter account.

Avalon said "Miss Indonesia was very happy to meet me, and I was happy to meet her because of my Indonesian roots. She was very friendly."

This reminds me about the three beauty queens with Filipino roots during the Miss Universe 2007 in Mexico - Miss Norway Kirby Ann Basken, Miss Germany Angelina Glass and Miss Philippines Anna Teresa Licaros.

I remember watching a video of them being interviewed by a Filipino broadcast journalist.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I would say the Miss Universe Pageant has provided a platform where different cultures meet each other and this is a perfect example of this.

    ReplyDelete