31 March 2009

Miss Universe Describes Gitmo Tour as 'Fun' and 'Relaxing'

Reigning Miss Univers 2008, Venezuela's Dayana Mendoza shocked the  world when she described her recent visit at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as "lot of fun, beautiful, relaxing and calm".

I found out Dayana's blog written in the pages of the official website of Miss Universe. She wrote this on 20th of March before she embarked for the trip to Cuba and right after the Miami Fashion Week. Let's read this:
Miami Fashion Week & Guantanamo Bay

This week I did some paper work at the office, and on Wednesday I went to a Latin club, were Jorge Villamizar (the Bacilos's singer) was playing, so I got to meet all the guys from the band, and we took some great pictures! They were very nice. I had a great time it was fun to listen to Latin music for a while. The next day we were flying to Miami for Fashion Week, and so I did interviews for CNN en Espanol, and for some South American networks. I was soooo happy first of all because I saw my friends from Miami, and second of all cause I spoke Spanish the whole time :)!!!!. Patricia Manterola was also there, it was such an honor to meet her and see how humble and nice see is. We all walked on the runway for Nicolas Felizola, a great Venezuelan designer. I was wearing a Wedding dress! (I still hope to get married one day hahaha) It was gorgeous!!! Nicolas was amazing to us. We had fun doing it, thanks Nicolas :) !!!! On Friday, we left for Jacksonville for one night because the next day we were going to Guantanamo, Cuba!!!! Wow, my job is amazing!!!! I love it, I let you guys know next week how Guantanamo was .... Muah!

Posted by Dayana
"It was a loooot of fun!" Dayana said according to Reuters.

Mendoza wrote of her time at the camp, a prison surrounded by barbed-wire fence and minefields. She wrote that she went to a bar on the naval base and visited the "unbelievable" beach.

"We visited the Detainees camps and we saw the jails, where they shower, how the(y) recreate themselves with movies, classes of art, books. It was very interesting," Mendoza wrote of Gitmo. "I didn't want to leave, it was such a relaxing place, so calm and beautiful."

Along with Dayana is Miss USA 2008 Crystle Stewart.  


Get free website for your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment