22 July 2009

Wardrobe Malfunction at Miss England 2009, Miss Leicestershire Exposes Boobs

Jade Elliott and the dress that malfunctioned

Even the world's best models have had to put their fair share of catwalk catastrophes behind them.

Naomi Campbell famously fell over on the runway in Paris and American supermodel Tyra Banks tripped up live on her own TV show.

Now a teenage beauty queen from Leicestershire has had to overcome a 'wardrobe malfunction' while competing in the Miss England 2009 pageant.

Stunning Jade Elliott, 18, from Desford, was strutting her stuff in London over the weekend after being crowned Miss Leicestershire in May.

The unfortunate incident happened on Sunday night, during the Fashion Student round.

Jade was given a bright pink dress to model, which had been designed by a student from Leeds, but she revealed more than she would have liked when the dress fell open.

The Mercury is not publishing the offending image to spare her blushes.

She had not noticed the wardrobe malfunction until she was greeted with a larger than normal round of applause and plenty of flashing lights as she came off stage.

She said: "That was the first time I had worn it and when I first put it on it was okay.

"As I was coming off I saw that quite a lot of people were clapping and all the photographers were taking pictures.

"I looked down and then realised what had happened. I've never been so embarrassed in my life.

"Nobody had said anything at all to me while I was on the catwalk. When I realised they had been taking pictures I was mortified.

"I just carried on as normal and pulled the top up."

Despite not making the top 15, the pretty brunette came away from the pageant with more coverage than any of the other contestants after the incident was reported – but she does not view that as a positive thing.

She said: "It's not the kind of attention that I want to be getting. I see it as quite negative.

"I've got absolutely no desire to do that kind of modelling so I don't see it as a good thing. It's just so embarrassing."

Jade says she would like to continue modeling but is having second thoughts about entering any more beauty pageants.

She says she will still have fond memories of the contest.

She said: "I enjoyed this so much. I had a great time and all the other girls were amazing.

"I was really pleased to get this far. Some of the other girls were quite a bit older than me and had been to lots of these things.

"But I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing I would do again."

Source: thisisleicestershire.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Try learning to spell Leicestershire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anonymous. I hope I can maintain it.

    ReplyDelete