07 April 2009

An Interview with Miss India World 2009 - Pooja Chopra

Pooja Chopra from Pune, who has been crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2009 is on top of the world. All geared up for the journey ahead, Pooja shares her excitement.

How did you react when your name was announced for the Miss India World crown? Whom do you consider your lucky charm? 

My heart skipped a beat; my brain stopped working and I couldn’t even stand straight. It was such an emotional moment for me. I was happy that I have made it to the crown. It’s my mother’s faith that plays the lucky charm for me. While I was on stage, I continuously looked at her.

How do you plan to celebrate your success?
I have so many professional commitments lined up for next one month that I really have no time to chill-out. I just plan to hog on some good food at the moment. By any chance, if I would get time, I would rush back home and celebrate with my city folks. I received nearly two thousand messages after I won the title.

Having reached the top-five finalists, were you confident enough that you would make it to the title. 

No, I wasn’t expecting anything. I was just living and enjoying the moment.

What do you think matters? Winning or participating? 

God was kind that I won. But, I would have been really depressed if I would have lost the crown. Hours of training everyday and millions of dreams just didn’t let me relax for a moment.

What according to you is the best trait that helped you bag this crown and made you stand apart from other contestants? 

All the participants equally deserved to be there. It’s just Karma and faith that matters at the end of the day. But I think all the contestants should feel proud, as they are better than those ten thousand girls who were not fortunate enough to make it to the pageant. It’s not the end, but just the beginning.

With a chance to represent India at the international pageant Miss World, what apprehensions are ruling the mind? How do you plan to prepare for the bigger thing? 

I have to portray India in the best possible way. It’s an international pageant and I will be the brand ambassador of India. It is such a huge responsibility, as people will see India through me. Therefore, I plan to work hard to bring home the crown and make my country proud.

We see most beauty queens either venturing into Bollywood, making a career in modeling or settling abroad, where do we see you proceeding from here? 

There is no time to think about anything at the moment. Since I won the title, I have just got two hours of sleep. Anyways my dream was to become Miss India, not an actress. Now I just want to win the international title.

Who’s your favorite Indian beauty queen? 

I am not being modest, but I really admire all of them. Aishwarya for her beauty and grace, Priyanka for her fitness, Sushmita for her confidence and Lara for the dignified and elegant human being she is.

What have you learned from your Miss India journey? 

I fee,l I have undergone a complete transformation. This one month of training has brought me closer to my inner self. Initially, I used to think myself to be emotionally weak and fragile. And then Miss India came as a roller-coaster ride, which made me stronger, not only physically, but emotionally too.

Get free website for your blog

No comments:

Post a Comment